Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
We hope this message finds you and your family well. We would like to let you know that we’re Reopening! Thanks be to God for the opportunity to celebrate Holy Mass with a public congregation at our parish. Thank you also for your prayers, patience and support for our parish during this challenging time.
Daily Mass schedule will resume on June 01 as follows:
Daily Masses with a Congregation
English Masses: Monday to Friday 8:00 am and Saturday 9:00 am
Vietnamese Masses: Tuesday to Thursday 11:30 am and Friday 7:00 pm
Weekend Masses with a Congregation
English Masses: Saturday 5:00 pm and Sunday 11:30 am & 6:00 pm*
(*) will be resumed on July 05.
Vietnamese Masses: Saturday 7:00 pm and Sunday 9:30 am & 3:30 pm
Please note: There will be no Novena Mass at this time.
Live-stream Masses will remain the same
English Mass: Sunday 11:30 am
Vietnamese Masses: Friday 7:00 pm, Saturday 7:00 pm and Sunday 9:30 am
Other services and parish activities will gradually resume to best serve our parishioners.
Masses will resume at our parish with mandatory pre-registration and ample safety precautions in the compliance with Provincial and Archdiocesan guidelines.
Please note that registration does not guarantee seating until you receive a confirmatory email from the parish.
Guidelines for the Reopening of Masses with a Congregation
All the faithful in the Archdiocese of Vancouver remain dispensed from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass during this initial reopening phase. Furthermore, they are not required to attend a weekday Mass in place of the Sunday Liturgy.
All those attending Mass do so at their own risk. It is important for individuals and families to take responsibility for protecting themselves and others.
The following must stay home for the sake of the wider community:
- People with COVID-19 or who live with someone with COVID-19.
- People who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- The sick, including those with even the slightest symptoms or feelings of sickness, especially if upper respiratory or flu-like symptoms.
- Those who have recently travelled outside of Canada.
The following are encouraged to stay home for the sake of the wider community:
- People who live with someone with upper respiratory or flu-like symptoms.
- People, especially the elderly, with underlying or compromised medical conditions.
- Family members who live with elderly people or those who are at risk
The official Archdiocesan guidelines in effect are available at rcav.org/coronavirus
Please read before registering for Mass:
- Except for members of the same household, physical distancing is to be observed everywhere on the church property (in the church, on the steps, in the parking lot, etc.): that is, close contact with those outside one’s household is to be avoided by not being within two metres of another person.
- The doors of the Church will be opened 30 minutes before Mass starts. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes in advance to allow for timely admittance for Mass.
- The doors of the Church will be locked at Mass start time. Latecomers will not be admitted. While you are waiting in line please be at least 2 m apart.
- Due to sanitizing limitations the Washrooms and Crying Room in the Church will remain locked.
- Anyone not registered for Mass will not be admitted. We must maintain this for everyone’s safety.
- Everyone must use hand sanitizer provided by our volunteers upon entry for Mass.
- If you need to, cough or sneeze into your elbow, covering your entire mouth.
- Masks are encouraged, but not mandatory at this time. For safety, please refrain from meeting or mingling with others before or after Mass.
- Please exit in a timely manner to allow our sanitization crew to begin cleaning.
Register for Mass by the link provided below or by phoning the parish office. Registration for all weekend Masses closes each Thursday at 12 pm (noon). Parishioners are asked not to register for more than one Sunday Mass every two weeks to accommodate more people.
Friday Vietnamese Mass at 7:00 PM https://www.eventbrite.com/e/107288219954
Saturday English Mass at 5:00 PM https://www.eventbrite.com/e/107290623142
Saturday Vietnamese Mass at 7:00 PM https://www.eventbrite.com/e/106984120384
Sunday Vietnamese Mass at 9:30 AM https://www.eventbrite.com/e/107289491758
Sunday English Mass at 11:30 AM https://www.eventbrite.com/e/107291166768
Sunday Vietnamese Mass at 3:30 PM https://www.eventbrite.com/e/107290061462
Sunday English Mass at 6:00 PM https://www.eventbrite.com/myevent?eid=111395408666