14/06 Monday:  2 Corinthians 6.1-10 [Gospel] Matthew 5.38-42
15/06 Tuesday:  2 Corinthians 8.1-9 [Gospel] Matthew 5.43-48
16/06 Wednesday:  2 Corinthians 9.6-11 [Gospel] Matthew 6.1-6, 16-18
17/06 Thursday  2 Corinthians 11.1-11 [Gospel] Matthew 6.7-15
18/06 Friday:  2 Corinthians 11.18, 21b-30 [Gospel] Matthew 6.19-23
19/06 Saturday:  2 Corinthians 12.1-10 [Gospel] Matthew 6.24-34
20/06 Sunday: Twelfth Sunday in OT  Job 38.1-4, 8-11  2 Corinthians 5.14-17 [Gospel] Mark 4.35-41
REFLECTION ON THE READINGS
1. First Reading Ezekiel 17.22-24
What is God’s message to me as I ponder his blessing of trees and forests in our province? How can I help care for creation to sustain it according to God’s plan? As a metaphorical “tree of the Lord” myself, from where have I come? How have I been formed under God’s care through the years? What fruits do I already appreciate? Which personality traits or behaviors still need God’s help?
Psalm 92: “Lord, it is good to give thanks to you.”
2. Second Reading 2 Corinthians 5.6-10
Do Christians today have confident faith and longing to “be away from the body and at home with the Lord”? How does my attitude compare to that of St. Paul? How have my desire to please God, and fear of Christ’s judgement, interacted in some of my recent choices between good and not so good actions? What other factors were involved?
“Alleluia. The seed is the word of God, Christ is the sower; all who come to him will live forever. Alleluia.”
3. Gospel Reading Mark 4.26-34
What events stand out as I consider God’s work in the garden of my family and my own life from the time I was a seed? As a gardener, what seeds have I sown and how mature are they? What hopes and concerns do I have for each of them? How might gardeners work with God to favour a bountiful harvest? Could my family adapt Jesus’ sessions with the disciples to grow together in understanding Scripture? How?
PRAY FOR THE SICK: May Chu, Caroline Bayle, Camilo Romero, Adela Lim, Mary Martin, Ky Truong, Gina Tabul, Olivera Lambeta, Ngan Thi Trinh, Thuong Van Tran, Francesca Cabrales, Maria Garcia, Pho Ho, Danita Chow, Hong Van Le, Tuyen Thi Nguyen, Phu Thi Truong, Bernard Boos, Hanh Huynh, Mary Magdalene H, Thanh Thi Dao, Sa Thi Dang, Phuong Van Nguyen, Hoa Xuan Thi Le, Estrella Rodriguez, Felipe Sobredo, Tuyen Van Nguyen, Patricia Rudolph, Shirley De La Cruz, Fr. Vincent Thao Dinh, Fr. Joseph Thuy Le.
PRAYER FOR THE MONTH(June)
The Beauty of Marriage:
Let us pray for young people who are preparing for marriage with the support of a Christian community: may they grow in love, with generosity, faithfulness and patience.
INTENSION FOR THE WEEK
June 12 at 5PM
- For the souls of Teodolfo, Leniflor, Reynaldo, Bernadette Preligera and Braulio Simon Sr. death anniversary.
June 13 at 11:30AM
- For the souls of:
- Faustino and Januaria Paraiso
- Jaime Carlos Lopez
- Rosarito Bucayan Tumlos
June 13 at 5 PM
- For the souls of Leticia Rojas
Second collection: for our parish building fund.
“Indoor” Mass: Our Parish will begin the transition to “indoor” Mass on Monday, June 14. It will still be limited to 50 people and you must register online for weekend Masses. The Masses will continue as previously scheduled.
Holy Communion Distribution: on Sundays from 1pm to 1:45pm.Silent Eucharistic Adoration: our Parish invites you to devote some time for on Fridays, June 18 and June 25 from 9am to 4pm. This is a wonderful way to encounter our Lord, and to be immersed in the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
The Church is open for private prayer: from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Hand sanitizer, supplies to clean the pews, and marking guides to ensure distancing are available. Please help lower the risk of spreading infection at church by trying to minimize your contacts and staying home when ill, wearing a mask in the church, hand washing/sanitizing, cleaning the pew when you leave and giving other people space to stay safe. Thank you very much!
Stay in Touch: We welcome emails or phone calls to the parish office (604-876-7826 / [email protected]) if you have suggestions or need assistance. Please keep your contact information (address, phone, email) up to date.
Donations: To donate online go to www.rcav.org/sunday-offering and select St. Joseph, Van Offering.
Weekly Collection Envelopes: for 2021 can be picked up at the church entrance.
A NOTE OF CAUTION about attending any of the below in-person outdoor Masses to individuals listed below, because of their higher risk of suffering from serious complications of COVID-19:
- a person 70 years of age or older, even if they have been immunized against COVID-19.
- a person who is living with another person who is infected with COVID-19, or who has upper respiratory or influenza-like symptoms.
- a person with an underlying medical condition or a compromised immune system.
Pilgrimage to Holy Rosary Cathedral: will continue to meet outside the Cathedral each Sunday at 10AM to pray for the restoration of the public celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass as long as restrictions on public worship persist.
Drug or Alcohol Addiction Recovery: We offer a structured and supportive Catholic Christian 12-Step recovery program, in a pleasant, loving, family-like setting. We accept women of all faith backgrounds. For more information, visit: beholdvancouver.org/events.
PRH Who Am I? Workshop: Join a two-weekend workshop to help you: Discover the richness within yourself; Improve your relationships: family, friends, workplace ministry; Increase your productivity in life & ministry; and Find greater solidarity in decision-making on June 12, 13, 19, 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Learn more at beholdvancouver.org/events.
* 10th Annual Birthright Walk/Run Fundraiser This year, the Walk/Run will take place virtually for 3 km or more from June 13 - 19. Walk or run individually or as a team. Your donations can be made to www.canadahelps.org – Keyword: Birthright Vancouver. We are hoping that you can support us this year! Learn more at beholdvancouver.org/events.
* Faith in the Home – Living Out the Domestic Church: While not always easy, faith can come alive in family life. Eric and Vanessa Chow will share how families can strengthen their relationship with Jesus. Wednesday, June 16, 8 - 9:30 p.m. Learn more and register at beholdvancouver.org/events.
Ministry to Divorced and Separated - Online Rosary: join us for our online Rosary, on Thursday, June 17, 7:30 - 8:30 p.m. Learn more at https://beholdvancouver.org/
Father's Day Mass at Gardens of Gethsemani: Join us to attend Mass in person at the Chapel of Gardens of Gethsemani, or to watch the live-streamed Mass online for a special Father's Day Mass in the Year of St. Joseph on Sunday, June 20 at 2 p.m. Learn more and register at https://beholdvancouver.org/
Estate and Memorial Planning Webinar: join the free presentation providing general information for preparing or updating your will and learning about the beauty of the funeral rite, and formulating pre-need arrangements on June 24 at 11 a.m. Thursday. Learn more and register at https://beholdvancouver.org/
* Into the Deep: Saint Joseph: Myth or Mentor? During this Year dedicated by Pope Francis to St. Joseph, the patron saint of Canada, join Fr. Mark Gazin, CSB in exploring the possibilities of how this auspicious saint can be mentor, beyond the myth, for a new generation of Canadian Catholics. Friday, June 25, 7 - 8:30 p.m. Learn more and register at https://beholdvancouver.org/
BEHOLD: Be sure to sign up and check this new archdiocesan portal for spiritual writing, workshops, events and other links! https://beholdvancouver.org/